Monday, January 11, 2010

Billy Talent - Billy Talent I


When someone popped in the album Billy Talent I, the first thing I did was think "bleh". The music sounded pretty cliche and the main vocals were too much of a throw-back for me. But, then the song "Lies" came on and that first guitar riff grabbed me by the short-hairs and would not let go until the album was over. I was hooked. I began to love that high, almost pre-pubescent scream from the lead vocalist Ben Kowalewicz. The whole package began to grow on me, and as a musician, when you hear a song and say, "I want my band to play that song!" you know you've got a great album there. Songs like "Standing in the Rain" and "Nothing to Lose" are able to translate one of those face-flushing emotions of despair that few current artists can. This is one you will not be disappointed to have in your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment