Monday, February 15, 2010

One Girl Waves a Flag

Hey there little girl, welcome to my world

When you learn to see the truth, they’ll all forget about you

How can they all be happy with what they see,

So content with this life when there’s so much strife

When your lips speak of love they’ll all hate you, oh yeah

But learn to do what’s right, that’s the best that you can do

And if you fight you’ll see how much better it can be

For even though you pass us by you will never die

So wave your banner high and let those colors fly

No matter what they say, you’ve shown them the way

Oh yes the tears will fall and yes you will call

For help from someone near and they will not hear

Cause when your lips of love they’ll all hate you, yeah yeah

Learn to do what’s right, that’s the best that you can do

And if you fight you’ll see how much better it can be

For even though you pass us by you will never die

I won’t forget you

(I won’t forget you) The lives we’ve led

(I won’t forget you) The tears we’ve shed

(I won’t forget you) The love we’ve known even when you’re gone

(I won’t forget you) You’re never gone from me

(I won’t forget you) No you’re never gone from me

No comments:

Post a Comment